Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
These are the terms and conditions of participation which govern the Aichi Smart Sustainable City Co-Creation Challenge (collectively the “Challenge”). These shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of Japan without reference to principles of conflict of laws.
In this challenge , companies and organizations applying for this challenge (“Participants”) will be asked to participate towards realizing sustainable smart city in Aichi and Singapore. The Challenge is organised by Aichi Prefectural Government, ICMG and Challenge Owners (collectively the “Challenge Owners”).
The Aichi Smart Sustainable City Co-Creation Challenge consists of two stages – 1st stage and 2nd stage:
Participants will submit their ideas via website for evaluation. Challenge Owners will shortlist teams for participation in the 2nd stage.
Teams which meet the criteria at the end of the 2nd stage will be invited to present in the Demo Day.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By participating in the Challenge, Participants agree to the conditions stated below:
- The Challenge is open to all entities from Singapore, Southeast Asia countries and Japan domestically, except to the current employees of each Challenge Owner. However, employees from one of the Challenge Owner themes are eligible to participate in the Challenge which are not sponsored by their own company.
- To participate in the Challenge, each team must have submitted their entry via the website at https://aichissccc.com/en before the close of the deadline. Each team is only allowed to submit a maximum of one entry for each challenge. Challenge Owners reserves the right to extend the deadline of the submission at their discretion.
- Challenge Owners reserves the right to reject any incomplete or late submissions.
- Each entry must be submitted by a team comprising of up to 6 members. Each team must select one of its members as a team Leader who will be the main contact point for Challenge Owners and who is deemed to be authorised by the team members to communicate with Challenge Owners.
- Deviation from the stipulated team size will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All ideas, models, plans, designs, drawings, photos, images, text etc. submitted must contain participant’s original concept, and must not infringe or violate any law, right of any person or entity, nor contain material that infringes or violates any personal or intellectual property rights of any third party.
- All Participants agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless Challenge Owners, their affiliates, partners or representatives associated with this Challenge, from any claim, loss or damages which any of them may suffer as a result of any Challenge related activities, infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third parties or breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Challenge, by any of the Participants.
CHALLENGE ENTRY SUBMISSIONS
- All submissions must meet the following general conditions:
- Be complete. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid and disqualified
- The content and any supporting materials must be acceptable for all viewing audiences. Acceptable deliverables are as follows: PPT and for videos mp4 not exceeding 50MB or YouTube links. Any entry or any supporting materials that contains text, sound or images that Challenge Owners (in their sole discretion and for any reason) regard as vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate for public viewing or publication on the internet, or that presents Challenge Owners in negative light, will be automatically disqualified and/or removed at their sole discretion.
- Be in the form that can be sent to other parties. Challenge Owners may pass on any submissions to any groups within Challenge Owners and/or other third parties involved in the operation, evaluation or judging of the Challenge.
- By submitting an entry in this Challenge, Participants personally confirm that:
- Their entry meets all requirements stated;
- Their entry is their original work;
- Their ideas submitted to the Challenge has not been previously displayed, exhibited, demonstrated or submitted to any other competition;
- Their ideas submitted to the Challenge will not be displayed, exhibited, demonstrated or submitted to any other competition during the Challenge.
- Any Challenge entry that does not fulfil any of the above conditions will be disqualified.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property rights developed by the Participants during the Challenge belong to the respective Participants (“Owner Participants”); provided that the Owner Participants may not, during the Challenge, use such intellectual property rights for any purpose other than the purpose of the Challenge. Other Participants selected in the same challenge theme shall not use the intellectual property rights of the Owner Participants in any way without getting an express license from the Owner Participants for such use.
- Participants who participate in the Co-Creation stage, as conditions for attending the Demo Day event, deemed agree to allow the Challenge Owner to use such intellectual property non-exclusively.
- Participants who are awarded in the Co-Creation stage deemed agree to transfer the intellectual property newly developed during the Challenge period to the Challenge Owner with or without a monetary value by mutual agreement with the Challenge Owner
- Challenge Owners reserves the right to freely use, develop and modify any solutions or inventions from the Challenge, including any intellectual property that is premised on any ideas or concepts submitted from the Participants, for any of Challenge Owners purposes, including but not limited to the realization of the sustainable smart city in Aichi and Singapore.
SELECTION OF IDEAS FOR 2nd STAGE
- Challenge Owners will shortlist teams to participate in the 2nd Stage. Such shortlisted Participants will further work on their solutions and Challenge Owners will invite those teams to present at the Demo Day.
- The decision of the Panel of Judges on the shortlisted teams is final and conclusive. Participants not shortlisted for the 2nd Stage will not carry on with the Challenge.
PARTICIPATION IN 2nd STAGE
- Participants selected for the 2nd stage will be required to comply with the following:
- Have at least one team member attend:
・Demo Day in March 2022
- Submit Assignments to the Challenge Owners and adhere to deliverables requested by the Organisers
- Follow-up with Co-creators on a regular basis
- Have at least one team member attend:
- Challenge Owners reserves the rights to vary or change the dates mentioned and the Participants are required to comply with the changes. Should the Participants fail to comply with the above, Challenge Owners reserves the right to disqualify them.
PARTICIPATION IN THE DEMO DAY AND INCENTIVES
- Teams participating in the Demo Day will present their ideas to a judging panel which may include but are not limited to Aichi Prefecture Government, Challenge Owners and ICMG.
- The incentives for the winners of each Challenge theme shall be in accordance with the description on the dedicated website for this Challenge. In addition, if the business idea is highly promising and judged to be necessary, the following possibilities will be considered.
- Possibilities of consultation arrangements with the Challenge Owner's employees (engineers) who have been developing technologies related to the Challenge theme
- Possibilities of consideration with outsourcing of the technology from the Challenge Owner to the Participants
- Additional financial investment or transferring the newly Co-Created technology to the Challenge Owner
- Consultation about turning the business idea into intellectual property
- Joint implementation of POC
- Provision of the technology, information, and facilities necessary for POC.
- Challenge Owners reserves the right to substitute or withdraw or to award one or more or not award any incentives at all for the Challenge. The decision of Challenge Owners will be final.
- All Participants who are members of the shortlisted team(s) agree and consent to the public disclosure and use of their identities, including but not limited to names, images, voice and video recordings for publicity purposes, and to participate in the publicity activities in relation to the Challenge globally.
- Information disclosed by Challenge Owners for and in relation to the Challenge (“Confidential Information”) is considered confidential and strictly for the purpose of this Challenge. All Participants shall not: (1) disclose any Confidential Information to any person who is not a registered participant in their team, or (2) store and/or keep any Confidential Information in whatever form after the Challenge, or (3) commercialise any Confidential Information, without the express written consent of the owner of the Confidential Information.
- Any intellectual property rights and all other rights in and to the Confidential Information shall remain vested in the Disclosing Party. No license or right regarding the Confidential Information is granted to the Receiving Party and other permitted Parties.
- For the Participants who are selected after 1st Stage , Challenge Owner may request that each Participant execute a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of entering into negotiations regarding the further development of the Participant’s project, as described in his/her Deliverable. Such confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement will be directed to his/her Deliverable and all intellectual property originating from Challenge Owner that it may contain.
- Challenge Owners reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of participation at any time at its absolute discretion without any further notice, including but not limited to the eligibility terms and criteria, the selection of winners, the timing of any act to be done and all Participants to this Challenge shall be bound by these amendments. The amended terms and conditions of participation will be made available on the Challenge Owner’s Challenge microsite.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, the Participants shall solely bear all costs and expenses incurred in participating in the Challenge.
- Challenge Owners shall not be liable to the Participant for any claims or acts or omissions for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this Challenge or the acceptance of any award incentives.
- Challenge Owners reserves the right at any time and in their absolute discretion to cancel or modify the Challenge without prior notice without any liability to the Participants.
- No contract or agreement providing for the Possible Transaction – meaning possible collaboration with Challenge Owners - shall be deemed to exist between the Parties hereto unless and until a definitive agreement with respect thereto has been executed and delivered by and between the Parties hereto after necessary management approval of each party is duly obtained. Unless and until such definitive agreement has been executed and delivered by and between the Challenge Owners and Participants hereto in any other writing, there shall not be any legal obligation on either party hereto of any kind whatsoever with respect to the Possible Transaction, except, in the case of in this Terms and Conditions of Participation, for the matters specifically agreed herein.
- Challenge Owners will not be held responsible for (i) any damage, loss or injury suffered by any Participant as a result of taking part in the Challenge or (ii) for the safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participants’ or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Challenge.
- Participants need to fully read, understand and accept the Terms & Conditions of Participation in order to participate in the Challenge. By submitting, Participants agree that they have fully read, understood and are bound by such terms and conditions. Participants under the age of 21 years old must submit an authorization consent signed by the legal parent/guardian and parental authority of the Participant to authorize the participation to the Challenge.
- If there are any additional written agreement bound between the Challenge Owner and the Participant other than the contents of this Terms and Conditions of Participation, it shall be followed.